Sweet baby Jesus in the manger! We are finally at the end of the mega-super-awesome(?)-crazy event of the year, Avengers vs. X-Men. This has been going on since April. A six month crapathon that tested my patience and actually convinced me to drop a few Marvel titles in the process. To put it in perspective, during this six-month event CERN discovered/created the Higgs boson, we landed a rover on Mars, the Olympics came and went. Dick Clark died. Chris Hemsworth starred in four movies. Chad Ochocinco married and divorced. And Leifeld thankfully quit DC. Before I review the final issue let’s take a quick stroll down memory lane and do a “previously on”…
- It all started with the Phoenix Force chasing Nova all the way to NYC to find Hope Summers. TPF IS COMING and we never see Nova again.
- The Avengers and X-Men fight to protect/kidnap Hope and start fighting. Red Hulk donkey punches Colossus and TPF is still on its way.
- Wolverine falls for the old beer-trail-at-The-North-Pole trick, Thor flies into space and does something in a crossover book that I didn’t read. TPF is still on its way to Earth.
- Everyone fights on the moon. TPF gets closer to Earth but Iron Man inadvertently splits TPF into 5 pieces and it creates an all-powerful P.E.N.I.S.
- The P.E.N.I.S. 5 destroy/rebuild most of Earth creating “peace”. Captain America and team regroup to try and stop them because they are fighters and hate peace.
- More of the same plus Black Panther bitch slaps Tony Stark in the best panel ever drawn.
- Namor commits genocide but then Wanda sucks the Phoenix right out of him and he is back to being the chicken of the sea.
- Lisa Loeb joins the Avengers team, Colossus makes whale-lobster monsters, Spider-man causes TPF to vacate its host bodies of Magik and Colossus (yay!) but then it joins up with Emma and Scott (boo!)
- A magical kewpie doll appears as a cliff-hanger to an epic battle but then never returns so I don’t know what the hell that was about.
- Scott sucks the Phoenix out of Emma making him the most powerful mutant ever as the Dark Cyclops! Also, Charles Xavier dies.
Now, let’s get down to business. Read the rest of this entry →