Where TrannySpice, StevieDickme, and SteeleErection discuss Saga #12 and the infamous (non-issue) of the Apple ban plus Barbara Gordon’s roommate has a secret! What could it be? Find out on this episode of the CBQPodcast!
Posts Tagged ‘Penis’
“Saga,” written by “Lost” scribe Brian K. Vaughan, recently had a digital issue banned by Apple for sale in its comic book app due to “graphic depiction of a gay sex act,” Vaughn revealed Tuesday. Apple did not return a call seeking comment Tuesday from The Washington Post, so what are we left to infer from this decision besides bigotry?
Sweet baby Jesus in the manger! We are finally at the end of the mega-super-awesome(?)-crazy event of the year, Avengers vs. X-Men. This has been going on since April. A six month crapathon that tested my patience and actually convinced me to drop a few Marvel titles in the process. To put it in perspective, during this six-month event CERN discovered/created the Higgs boson, we landed a rover on Mars, the Olympics came and went. Dick Clark died. Chris Hemsworth starred in four movies. Chad Ochocinco married and divorced. And Leifeld thankfully quit DC. Before I review the final issue let’s take a quick stroll down memory lane and do a “previously on”…
- It all started with the Phoenix Force chasing Nova all the way to NYC to find Hope Summers. TPF IS COMING and we never see Nova again.
- The Avengers and X-Men fight to protect/kidnap Hope and start fighting. Red Hulk donkey punches Colossus and TPF is still on its way.
- Wolverine falls for the old beer-trail-at-The-North-Pole trick, Thor flies into space and does something in a crossover book that I didn’t read. TPF is still on its way to Earth.
- Everyone fights on the moon. TPF gets closer to Earth but Iron Man inadvertently splits TPF into 5 pieces and it creates an all-powerful P.E.N.I.S.
- The P.E.N.I.S. 5 destroy/rebuild most of Earth creating “peace”. Captain America and team regroup to try and stop them because they are fighters and hate peace.
- More of the same plus Black Panther bitch slaps Tony Stark in the best panel ever drawn.
- Namor commits genocide but then Wanda sucks the Phoenix right out of him and he is back to being the chicken of the sea.
- Lisa Loeb joins the Avengers team, Colossus makes whale-lobster monsters, Spider-man causes TPF to vacate its host bodies of Magik and Colossus (yay!) but then it joins up with Emma and Scott (boo!)
- A magical kewpie doll appears as a cliff-hanger to an epic battle but then never returns so I don’t know what the hell that was about.
- Scott sucks the Phoenix out of Emma making him the most powerful mutant ever as the Dark Cyclops! Also, Charles Xavier dies.
Now, let’s get down to business. Read the rest of this entry →
Steele and Scavenger drink beer and interview Pat Killik, creator of the acclaimed new independent comic, Shepperton’s Waltz. He discusses process, ideas, the artistry, and what it takes to create your own comic book and comic book company! Plus, upcoming comics and his search for new artists.
Angus Shepperton is a lost soul, doing what he can to scrape out an existence in the colony planet mining town of Hillsborough. When the miners unwittingly unleash a full scale attack on the town, Shep is left as the last one standing. Now the fate of the Hillsborough townsfolk and the rest of the planet depends on the town drunk’s ability to rise to the challenge while he indulges his greatest weakness.
When we last spoke the Phoenix PENIS (that’s Piotr, Emma, Namor, Illyana, and Scott) was down to PIES because Wanda sucked Namor out of the PENIS. And then we had just the ES or EFSS if you want to use last names because Piotr and Illyana got into some sibling rivalry and ate each other out of the PIES. So that leaves us with the aforementioned EFSS which is fitting since so far I have given most issues a letter grade of F so EFSS seems about right.
This issue was a quick read; partly because there wasn’t a lot of excessive dialog and partly because I wasn’t paying close attention since I was half-reading it and half watching a documentary about teenage magicians on Netflix called “Make Believe” that was actually very good and had more interesting magic than the X-Men currently do.
We start with Iron Fist draping Hope over his shoulder while trying to escape from Cyclops but Scott corners them with his glowing thong. Read the rest of this entry →
So I made a deal with the devil. I told him that if he gave me a giant wiener that I would take any tit-for-tat he wanted to dole out. Sadly, it was actually a Dirt Devil™ and I got a foot-long all-beef Coney Island wiener instead. I should have been more specific. Luckily, my punishment was also off-the-mark which is why I have to read the AvX series to completion. Here we are at 9/12 of the way through (that’s ¾ right? I’m not good at fractions.) And luckily this issue is pretty decent. It seems that every third issue doesn’t completely suck so they have a better batting average than every Chicago Cubs player (True. I looked it up.)
Brian Michael Penis, that is!
What? Did you think I meant “the other white meat”? Never that, my rain-coated lover! My fingers trip on the keyboard whenever I think about the state of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes under the clumsy reign of Marvel’s own Daddy Warbucks! Draw a picture of him and get into Art School. There. I’ve typed it.