Posts Tagged ‘Avengers’
The return of PattyBoom means that Saro and Steele have a lot to catch up on. We start in Central City then take a few detours to Star City, Gotham, and Hell among other places. Then we take a pit stop to dish Age of Ultron. It’s all TV all the time since small tube superheroes are the new in print heroes (at least for the time being.) Hop aboard!
Saro, StevieD, and Steele discuss Captain America 2: Winter Soldier
And yes, Steele is aware that he said “Baron von Zemo” when he meant Arman Zola. LISTEN ANYWAY!
What happens when three CBQties get drunk, put comic book characters names into a hat, and play the seminal Sunday School game…
Play along with us!
Comics reviewed while they are NEW (52) and (Marvel) NOW, and discussing what’s NEXT!!!!!!!
This column is meant to be some real-time talk about the comics that come out weekly, mostly focusing on first issues, last issues, and OMG moments that you’d like to share instead of waiting six months down the line because someone on social media hasn’t gotten through FEAR ITSELF and FINAL CRISIS yet and boo fucking hoo! (Who can blame them really ~ All their friends are tweeting BREAKING BAD and they’ve still got DVR episodes of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA to catch up on!)
SO BEYOND THIS POINT THERE IS FUN AND JOY AND YES, SOME SPOILERS.
IF YOU HATE THOSE THINGS DON’T KEEP READING!
LegionTonyL, Scavenger, and Steele start by playing a short superhero guessing game then discuss which comics they are pumped about and which they are ready to dump! Do you agree with our picks?
Wherein Saro, Steele, and StevieD run down the list of all Marvel and DC movies and rate them! From Howard the Duck to Man of Steel we dish the dirt and argue over which ones rule and which ones suck! Do you agree with our ratings?
Avengers A.I. #1: Sam Humphries, Andre Lima Araujo, Frank D’Armata
I didn’t read Age of Ultron, I didn’t read any reviews of Age of Ultron, I don’t give a fuck about the Age of Ultron. I do, however, love robots…or more accurately as the Vision would remind me, synthezoids. And even though I had no interest in the (un)event book that lead to this story, I’m all about a team of Avengers comprised of the best and brightest of the Marvel A.I. elite!
Sweet baby Jesus in the manger! We are finally at the end of the mega-super-awesome(?)-crazy event of the year, Avengers vs. X-Men. This has been going on since April. A six month crapathon that tested my patience and actually convinced me to drop a few Marvel titles in the process. To put it in perspective, during this six-month event CERN discovered/created the Higgs boson, we landed a rover on Mars, the Olympics came and went. Dick Clark died. Chris Hemsworth starred in four movies. Chad Ochocinco married and divorced. And Leifeld thankfully quit DC. Before I review the final issue let’s take a quick stroll down memory lane and do a “previously on”…
- It all started with the Phoenix Force chasing Nova all the way to NYC to find Hope Summers. TPF IS COMING and we never see Nova again.
- The Avengers and X-Men fight to protect/kidnap Hope and start fighting. Red Hulk donkey punches Colossus and TPF is still on its way.
- Wolverine falls for the old beer-trail-at-The-North-Pole trick, Thor flies into space and does something in a crossover book that I didn’t read. TPF is still on its way to Earth.
- Everyone fights on the moon. TPF gets closer to Earth but Iron Man inadvertently splits TPF into 5 pieces and it creates an all-powerful P.E.N.I.S.
- The P.E.N.I.S. 5 destroy/rebuild most of Earth creating “peace”. Captain America and team regroup to try and stop them because they are fighters and hate peace.
- More of the same plus Black Panther bitch slaps Tony Stark in the best panel ever drawn.
- Namor commits genocide but then Wanda sucks the Phoenix right out of him and he is back to being the chicken of the sea.
- Lisa Loeb joins the Avengers team, Colossus makes whale-lobster monsters, Spider-man causes TPF to vacate its host bodies of Magik and Colossus (yay!) but then it joins up with Emma and Scott (boo!)
- A magical kewpie doll appears as a cliff-hanger to an epic battle but then never returns so I don’t know what the hell that was about.
- Scott sucks the Phoenix out of Emma making him the most powerful mutant ever as the Dark Cyclops! Also, Charles Xavier dies.
Now, let’s get down to business. Read the rest of this entry →